Flavored Tobacco Regulations?
Do you think tobacco companies are deliberately targeting children with a new line of flavored tobacco?
– Absolutely but we all know for the tobacco companies case its all about the bottom line. This is another case where parents/responsible adult(s) have to take control and be held accountable for the action of their children.
They are targeting young people, and a particular market of adults as well. Let’s be honest: one of the tobacco products shown in this story advertises itself as a ‘blunt wrapper’.
– Of course! They have to keep pace with the latest “drink” trends in the alcohol and liquor industry.
– No. By offering a variety of flavors, tobacco companies are deliberately targeting anyone with a few dollars in their pocket. This might be adults or teens. But this is capitalism. The government either needs to outlaw tobacco completely, or let them thrive, but not both. By the way, vodka comes in a variety of flavors too!
- Are Cigars with “Characterizing Flavors” Next on the Public Health Crusade’s Hit List?
- Teens are Attracted by Novelty Cigarette Packs
- Young Smokers Light More Cigarettes While Seeing Someone Else Smoke